Saturday, April 18, 2009

World Eaters Begin

For Fields of Blood 2009, I am going back to my favourite army, the World Eaters. My previous version that I painted 4 or 5 years ago now was made up of some pro-painted models that were then fleshed out by models that I painted. However, these were the first models that I had ever painted, so there was quite a difference in paintjobs across the army.

The old army, which I used to win Conflict 2005 here in Wellington, was made up of footslogging berzerkers, with bloodletter and fleshhound support. Now, in the days of 5th ed, an massive overhaul of playing style is needed, including adding many rhinos, so what better time to start the army from scratch!

Having been something of a painting machine in the last year (2000pts of Eldar, 2250 of Lizardmen and Dark Elves, and around 3500pts of Goblins) the deadline of September for the army seems more than managable. Last year, my eldar placed second in the beauty pageant to Charlie's (Proximity) Pre Heresy EC's, and I would like this army to achieve around the same level. No pressure then... tongue.gif 

Anyway, that's enough boring waffle, time for some pics.

First up, we have the bloodletters, which I assembled and painted before even taking the rest of the army of the sprue for some reason. Who knows? Maybe I like the models biggrin.gif 

IPB Image

And some closeups

IPB Image

IPB Image

Also, in the process of making the army fit for 5th edition, I obviosly needed to make some rhinos. Now, I am a big sucker for Forgeworld stuff (can't wait for the new Daemon Prince and Blood Slaughterer!), and I think I managed to double the cost (and weight) of these rhinos by loading them with resin. I don't know if I did or not, as I did the usual trick of progressing through the Forgeworld checkout page with my eyes shut armata_PDT_11.gif 

Here's one for the chosen squad

IPB Image

IPB Image

And a closeup of the work needed to make the icon fit

IPB Image

Here's one for a zerker squad. The only difference is the guy in the hatch

IPB Image

Finally, I had found a great example of a Khorne Prince online, and saved it to use later. Just after I make it, I pick up the latest White Dwarf, and lo and behold, the model's in the army showcase. What are the chances?

Here then is my incredibly unoriginal Daemon Prince

IPB Image

IPB Image

Luckily for all, I'm on holiday at the moment, so updates should be quite frequent. I'll put together a mock up of a zerker soon, as well as maybe seeing how the paint scheme transfers to tanks and power armour.

Let me know what you think. Any comments, suggestions, criticism are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment